Wedding Photography Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions are specific to work undertaken by James L Morgan Wedding Photography. By paying your deposit you agree to be bound by the terms set out below.
- The deposit is required immediately to confirm the booking and lock in your date.
- This is not refundable.
- Full payment is due 21 days prior to the wedding day
- You are free to make partial payments as often as you like towards the balance, so long as the full payment is made by the due date.
- When you make any payments towards your invoice please let me know so that I can flag that payment against your online invoice.
- If you are taking other services such as a pre-wedding photo shoot, payment for those services is requested upon delivery of that service.
- At our initial consultation, we will discuss the photos you expect me to take, however, in certain circumstances such as in a church there may be restrictions in place that prevent this.
- Some venues impose restrictions on photography, even on the official photographer. It is understood by both parties that this is outside of my control.
- I will make every reasonable effort to get the photos we agree, but I cannot be held responsible for any photos I am unable to take as a result of such restrictions.
- Under normal circumstances I would expect to be able to get a selection of highlights delivered electronically to you within 5 days of the event, during busy times this may take up to 2 weeks.
- The remaining photos will be delivered fully edited within 4 weeks of the wedding day or photo shoot.
- I will provide the full-sized JPEG photos either by digital download or on a USB memory stick.
- You are free to choose your method of delivery.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks prior to the day of the wedding or event then I will refund all payments made with the exception of the deposit.
- If you cancel less than 8 weeks prior to the day of the booking then you will remain accountable for 50% of the total fee.
Force Majeure / Acts of God
- I am part of a network of photographers, many of whom I would be confident in calling upon should I be unable to attend the wedding due to causes beyond my control such as sudden illness, injury, victim of crime etc.
- I will make every effort to put you in touch with another photographer who can fulfil my agreed duties on the day.
- I always make every effort to ensure all my equipment is in good working order and that I have backup equipment ready should there be any issues on the day.
- Despite my best preparations there is still the possibility of equipment failure that will be beyond my control, I cannot be held responsible if moments are missed due to such a failure.
- During a shoot or event I may offer direction to those being photographed.
- I will make every effort to ensure these directions are sensible and considered but they should be undertaken at the personal risk of those taking the direction.
- I cannot be held responsible for any injury or accidents caused as a result of my directions.
- If you are not happy with the photos I have taken then please do contact me to discuss, however, I cannot offer a refund unless we both agree that I have not delivered what we agreed upon and that no other factors outside of my control prevented me from doing so.
- If something prevents us from being able to complete the shoot as originally planned, but we agree to go ahead with the shoot anyway (see cancellation policy above) then I cannot be held responsible if the end result does not meet your original expectations.
Copyright Ownership & Usage
- All digital negatives, i.e. the RAW image files taken on the day remain my intellectual property.
- I (James Morgan) retain ownership of the copyright.
- I grant you my permission to print and share the photos I send you freely.
- If you are approached by any media outlet for the purposes of sharing your wedding photos then they will need to seek my permission to reproduce any photos that I have taken.
- I will use some of the images from your wedding or photo shoot on my website, blog or social outlets for my own promotional purposes.
- If you prefer that I do not use any or certain images from your wedding or shoot then please let me know.
- From time to time I may send you emails to let you know about offers or special projects that you might be interested in.
- These will always be from me and never a third party and I will never share your details with anyone else.
- The emails will carry an ‘unsubscribe’ link so that you can easily opt-out of receiving these emails.